We continue with our Translation blog post series. This time, we will focus on the translation process of the Consentmo app by using Transcy. Let's jump right in:
Initial settings of the app
Let's check how the admin side of the app looks like
1. Navigate to the Apps section
2. Go to the Language Translate & Currency by Transcy
When entering the admin side of the app you will see shortcuts to some of the main settings.
Let's start configuring the app by adding the languages you want to use:
1. Navigate to the Language tab located under the Translation option
2. Click on the Add target language button
3. Choose the language you want to use for translation
4. To confirm your choice click on the Add button
5. Once you have added the language, make sure to Enable it for Publishing
6. Then, Enable the translation of the third-party apps
The next thing you should do is configure the language switcher:
1. Navigate to the Switcher tab
2. Step two is Enable the language switcher. That way it will be visible on the storefront.
3. Next, you can select the outlook of the switcher by choosing one of the templates that the app offers
When you are done with the initial setup, you can check the result on the storefront.
Here is how the configured language switcher looks like
Now it's time to show you how you can translate the Cookie Bar and Preferences Popup of our app.
Translating the Consentmo app
Here the translation process is very simple. Follow the steps below to see how it works:
1. Navigate to the Language tab
2. Click on the Manage button of the language you want to use. Here we chose German
A new window will open where you will be able to select which parts of your store to be translated.
Note: Please check FAQ 92 before proceeding with the following steps!
3. In order to translate the Consentmo app select Shop metafields option
4. Lastly, click on the Translate button
When you finish with the translation, go to the storefront to check the result
Here is how the translated to German Cookie Bar and Preferences Popup look like
The Compliance pages are also translated as a result of the above setup.
Here is how the translated GDPR Compliance page looks like
By submitting any request on this page, you will see that the additional messages are also translated to German.
How the translated Data collection text looks like
How the translated confirmation for the submitted request looks like
In order to facilitate your job with the app, we have created a dedicated video tutorial that shows all the steps mentioned above:
And that's all for the translation process with the Transcy app.
Feel free to contact us via chat or email in case of any questions.