Introducing the newest feature of our Consentmo app - Cookie Information Table
July 28, 2022
Having just celebrated another milestone, with over 25 000 merchants happily using the Consentmo app, what better way to show that we are not slowing down, than by announcing another new feature - the Cookie Information Table. This new premium feature can be found in the Cookie Consent Bar tab and it allows our users to easily set up a Cookie Information page.
Why do you need this feature?
How does the Cookie Information Table work?
Note: these cookies are taken from the lists of cookies in the Cookie Information Panel. If a cookie is set on your store but missing from the lists, you need to navigate to the Cookie Information Panel and add the cookie manually from there.
1. Go to the Cookie Consent Bar tab > Cookie Information Table > See more.
2. If you wish to copy all of the tables, press the Copy all tables HTML button.
3. If you just want to place information about a category of cookies, scroll to the cookie table you want and select Copy table code.
4. To place the cookie table, go to Online store > Pages and select an existing Policy page or, if there is none, press the Add page button to create a dedicated one.
5. Let's explore the case where we add a new dedicated Cookie page. Press the Show HTML button:
6. From there, in the Content field paste the copied code.
7. When pressing the HTML button again, the Cookie Information Table will be visible in the Content field.
Cookies without description
In the cookie table page, you will also see a table that has a List of cookies without description.
You can further categorize these cookies through the Cookie Information Panel. For the sake of the example, let's take the Secure_customer_sig cookie.
Go to Cookie Information Panel and find this cookie in the Select a cookie to modify field. Now you can add a description and Save the information through the Save Cookie button.
When you go back to the Cookie Information Table page, you will see that this cookie is properly listed under the Reporting and Analytics category.
And this is the update we have added to the Cookie Consent Bar tab in the Consentmo app. You asked and we delivered, so if you have any suggestions for improvements and comments, we are here to listen. More updates are coming soon, so stay tuned.